Friday, November 03, 2006

alternative identity...

most of us manage to go through life without any identity, and living in India only makes this fact obvious to me. it is so easy to get lost in the vastness of this country and the culture of the billion Indians who wake up each day to a life that is in many ways changing and yet unchanged. the countless hordes of man allow for the complete engulfing of the individual identity, and this is what is referred to as Karma. we are bound by our fate. the same fate, for some, dictates the world to be at their feet and for others complete anonymity...

and what is the identity of the anonymous?

...but then, it is the same fate that entrusts upon us a particular responsibility that comes from our unique talents, one that we sometimes refer to as our "calling". it comes to us in mysterious ways and once it has given us a glimpse of itself, we become powerless puppets who are constantly lured by the enchantments of our "calling". that is the reason why Clark Kent was Superman, Peter Parker turned into Spidey, Bruce Wayne became Batman and the reason why i doubt my sister (i.e. Noella) to be the evil HB. similarly we all have our share of hidden powers, but they are suppressed beneath the mask of our hidden alternate identity. and my hidden (or henceforth revealed) identity is Ramabhai!!


...(keep reading for more on the Ramabhai saga)

7 comments:

Snowbear said...

Surfing by and came across your very interesting site... bookmarked for some more reading later.

Gordon van den Heever said...

Hey bru,

Good to see you are still alive....I'm actually waiting for that return call.....maybe the day after tomorrow.....I told it like that.....hehehehe

Anyway, you to set the record straight.Clark Kent was never Superman. It might be based on the Superman trilogy, but he definately was never Superman. He might have some special powers, but still not Superman.....

There is/was only one SUPERMAN, even though he lacked some powers in riding a horse, he is still my ultimate hero....No-one else then Christopher Reeve....or was it superbabe SHAKIRA

Now I'm lost.....?

Anonymous said...

There's a quote coming to my mind while reading your post: "Someone who always treads in someones footsteps will never leave behind his own." I guess that fits into the picture somewhere.

Anyways, great to see you back to the scene and thanks for your comment on my blog.

gP said...

hey dude...u ok?

Ramabhai!!! Yes, alternative identity serves alot of purposes and manages to hide some of our pains and fears.

gP said...

sorry bout that...that was me...I hate this blogger beta sign in bug. urggggggh!

susanne said...

Is my question silly when I ask: "Who the hell is Ramabhai???"
Nachi, tell me, should I know the Ramabhai saga?
Is this that saga you told once in connection with your name?

Nachi said...

GP: well yeah, alternative identities do serve a lot of purpose..and i agree that the beta thing sure is a bugger..

Susanne: no you are not being silly when you ask that question, but Ramabhai has nothing to do with the legend behind my name...he is just my alternative superhero self (like Clark Kent is Superman)!! ;)